Friday, September 25, 2015

Why are families so important?

   To start out my blog about families I think the question "why are families so important?" should be the first discussion. Why are families important? Why do we need families? Instead of just using my own thoughts about why family is so important I looked this question up on google and the first link was "why is family so important to mormon''s" (how fitting). It says, "Our families provide a setting for much of the growth we experience in life. In our families we love, serve, teach, and learn from each other. We share our joys and our sorrows. Family ties may bring us difficult challenges, but they also give us strength and some of our greatest happiness. The family is central to God’s plan for His children. It is also the central unit of society and the means for bringing children into the world where they can be loved, provided for, and taught truth and righteousness. While we cannot choose the conditions of our birth, we can choose each day to make our families stronger and happier. It is possible for individuals to return to the presence of God and for families to be united eternally". I thought this put everything I was thinking into a better paragraph than I could have. To me family is the most important thing. Everything this paragraph says is truth and family is essential and we need our family to grow and to be with our Heavenly Father again some day. 
  I truly believe that life's greatest joy is family.We learn together, grow together, go through the best of times and the worst of times together. But no matter what, family is always there for you. I personally think that I have the best family (Yes I am biased). I grew up in a home with a mom and a dad, 1 brother, and 2 sisters. I was the youngest of 4 and I loved it. Every time my family grows I feel so blessed. When my brother got married I gained the most amazing sister-in-law and have the cutest niece ever, with another niece or nephew on the way. I didn't know how much joy and happiness being an aunt could bring me. I didn't know it was possible to love people as much as I love my family. We have gone through everything together. I have come to realize that we need families because we need people we know will always be there for us on our best days and our hardest days. Family is key to a happy and an eternal life. I am so grateful to know that I can be with my family forever. I can't imagine not being with my family for the rest of eternity. I cannot wait to be able to me married and sealed to my future family for time and all eternity. Life gets hard, things happen, people change, and life will throw you curveballs but family will never change. I love my family and I know that families can be together forever. 

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! Families are a place where we can receive the most joy in life, I absolutely agree!

    ReplyDelete